(post 50) - feedback on your rough cut


THE FEEDBACK FROM OUR ROUGH CUT: 

For this post, I showed the rough cut of our music video to friends and family to see what their opinions were on it and whether they had any advice on what we could do to change it/ make it better. 
I showed my dad first because I feel as though I should ask a range of different age groups to see whether they can understand the filming and to see what they like compared to younger/older generations.

Dad - He said that the filming was "very natural" and "didn't look staged". This was something that we were concerned about because it can affect the video if it doesn’t look natural. He understood that the relationship between the two girls were sister’s due to how the old photograph was shown in the music video. He stated that it was a good idea we put that shot in because it makes it tell a story (from his words).

Mum – I showed my mum the rough cut of our music video and her reaction was the opposite to what I thought it was going to be. She cried because she thought the connection between the two characters looked really strong and you could identify that they had a lot of time for each other. Also, she explained how certain clips like being on the bridge on top of the dual carriage way looked really good.

Tazmin – “I really enjoyed it, I think it was a really lovely idea and it fits with the music well. The actors obviously had chemistry as sisters which really added to the authenticity of the narrative. I think the camera work was very strong and the shots really captured what they needed to.” Tazmin who is in our year group said this.

Jack – ‘”I thought it was really enjoyable and very natural with no script or storyline It felt very improvised and original with amazing shots and beautiful locations to make the music video seem more professional.” Another boy who is in our year.

Sharon (auntie): I loved this music video because it was wonderfully unique and excellently executed. The shots and angles were lovely and fitted really well with the framing choice. I also think that the relationship between the two girls really came across because it was an uncomplicated story and a simple idea.

Megan – “I think the video is beautifully shot, it captures the relationship between the two sisters, the video is perfectly candid and obviously not staged, this made you believe in the video more as you felt you weren’t watching a staged performance, the song is also a perfect fit.”

Luke – “I really like how the connection between the two characters is shown through the use of filming, like the close ups of the girls holding hands is very good and how the girls are on the bridge on top of the dual carriage. That is my favourite part of the video”

Nanny – I asked my nanny to see what her opinion was of this music video because it is always a good idea to get a range of different age groups opinions because they may say different things. Which nanny did, she explained how she was impressed with how the filming didn’t involve any technology. Like not at one point there was any sign of phones in the music video and she thought that, that was very traditional.

Ruby (11 years old) – I thought it was a good idea to then ask someone who was of a younger generation. I asked my younger cousin to watch the rough cut to see what she thought. She noticed how the framing of it could be made smaller to make it look more “like a music video”. I found it funny how the youngest person I asked, commented on something that we could improve on. We took this into consideration and changed it for our final product.


The advice we were given after showing people our rough cut of our music video was very positive rather than negative which was good. As a group we watched through it again to see if there were any noticeable things which we new we could make better.
Therefore, as a result of this we changed the framing of the video to square. we felt that this made it look more like a modern music video and it 'fitted' in with the age range it was aimed at. we were happy with the outcome. we also made a few changes to the clips that were involved and the writing at the start and end of the music video. 

AG

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

(Post 7) - lip-sync

(post 45) - final setting(s)

(post 23) - Audience Research