(Post 36) Planning - Ancillary class 1 - Digipak



DIGIPAK

1-    Yes, there are certain CD covers that I remember such as Chris Browns – F.A.M.E album.  
The reason this album cover is one that I remember is because of the colours, pictures and use of writing which is involved. The colours are vibrant, bright and well noticeable which helps the packaging stand out from those album cases which may be darker toned.
I think the fact that Chris Browns face is in the centre of the album cover also helps me remember it because it makes me remember who he is for starters and then which songs are on the album.
I think it also helps that I remember this album cover, because I really like the music which was on this album.

Another album cover I remember is One Direction – Up all night.

One reason could be because it was their first ever album which was made once the X-Factor had stopped. So, everyone would have heard about it and it was all over the media. I think it is an important part of what should be included in an album cover is an image of the characters which are used in the music video or the actual artists themselves because that shows an involvement of what you will be seeing in the music video itself.

2-    In my opinion, the album cover which you are about to buy should be presentable and look aesthetically pleasing because if it wasn’t well put together it wouldn’t be overly advertising which would make people not want to buy it. When I say aesthetically pleasing, I mean, nice, well put together, make it all fit together so the writing doesn’t look out of place to the picture that you use etc.
3-    In my opinion, I think that a colourful, bright album cover does attract me more and would make me want to buy it more rather than a dull one which doesn’t stand out on the shelf. However, it all depends on whether I like the music which is in the album. If I don’t like the music that was in a bright, vibrant packaged album cover then I wouldn’t get it because I don’t like the music.
4-    In my opinion, I feel like most of the album cover should be a picture of the actual artists themselves or the characters used in the artists music video. This then should be covered in a small proportion of the square with the artists name and album / song title.
5-    In my opinion, I feel as though there should be a strong theme throughout all 4 of the panels which are used for the Digipak because then it shows links. If they were all different, it wouldn’t make much sense. Therefore, yes it should be all in the same theme.
6-    On the inside of a Digipak there should be included a bit about the artists themselves, like a few facts about how they became famous or how they made the album. Then there should probably be some pictures of the artists which is in a photoshoot format. This is a good thing because it helps make the readers/ audience familiarise themselves with the artists, which can then bring them closer to the music they listen to.

7-    Is the choice of colour, size and font of the written text important? – In my opinion, it is important because it can’t be too over-powering where it doesn’t flow with the picture or pattern in the background.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

(Post 7) - lip-sync

(post 45) - final setting(s)

(post 23) - Audience Research